Tokyo Metro has three types of Coupon Tickets to meet passengers' needs.
Coupon Tickets can be used at any station on a Tokyo Metro subway line.
Restriction applies on its usage and number of ticket you can obtain.
- Types of Coupon Tickets
- Where to Buy
- Valid Period
- Traveling Further than Your Fare Allows
Types of Coupon Tickets
|Types||Number of Tickets||Restrictions|
|Ordinary Coupon Tickets||Sold in packs of 11 tickets
(Adult, Child fares available)
|No restrictions on day or time of use|
|Off-peak Coupon Tickets||Sold in packs of 12 tickets
(Adult fares only)
|Can only be used Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, as well as Dec. 30 - 31 and Jan. 2 - 3.|
|Weekend/Holiday Discount Coupon Tickets||Sold in packs of 14 tickets
(Adult fares only)
|Can only be used Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, as well as Dec. 30 - 31 and Jan. 2 - 3.|
The price of a pack of Coupon Tickets equals the price of a Regular Ticket times 10. For example, a pack of Coupon Tickets for a 160 yen interval is 1,600 yen.
- *Note: Special intervals - Between Ayase and Kita-senju on the Chiyoda-Line 1,300 yen (Child: 600 yen)
|1km~6km||1,600 yen (Child: 800 yen)|
|7km~11km||1,900 yen (Child: 1,000 yen)|
|12km~19km||2,300 yen (Child: 1,200 yen)|
|20km~27km||2,700 yen (Child: 1,400 yen)|
|28km~40km||3,000 yen (Child: 1,500 yen)|
Where to Buy
- Ticket vending machines that can be found at every Tokyo Metro station.
- Pass Office (except Nakano, Nishi-funabashi and Shibuya (Fukutoshin Line) Stations)
Three months from time of purchase
When you have not used any of the Coupon Tickets during the period of their validity
You can receive a refund for the cost of the Coupon Tickets, minus a 210 yen handling fee.
When you no longer need your valid Coupon Tickets after using them
You can receive a refund, minus the Regular Ticket fare for each used ticket, and a 210 yen handling fee.
Example: Returning a 1,600 yen pack of Coupon Tickets of which five have been used.
Refund = 1,600 yen − (160 yen × 5 + 210 yen) = 590 yen
Traveling Further than Your Fare Allows
- If the fare on your ticket is less than that for the distance you traveled, you will be required to pay the difference.
- Refunds are not given in the case of tickets of a value higher than the fare for the distance traveled.
- The fare printed on the Coupon Tickets is only valid for travel on the Tokyo Metro subway system. A supplementary fare will be required when transferring between the Tokyo Metro and other companies' trains.
When transferring between trains, be sure to use the orange ticket gates and to complete your transfer within 30 minutes.
|Ueno||Ginza, Hibiya Lines|
|Mitsukoshimae||Ginza, Hanzomon Lines|
|Ikebukuro||Marunouchi, Fukutoshin, Yurakucho Lines|
|Iidabashi||Tozai, Yurakucho, Namboku Lines|
|Kudanshita||Tozai, Hanzomon Lines|
||Hibiya, Chiyoda, Yurakucho Lines|
||Marunouchi, Chiyoda Lines|
||Ginza, Hibiya Lines|
|Shibuya||Ginza, Fukutoshin Lines|